- Click Here for All jobs
PCU Registered Nurse | PRN
Vail Health is Searching for a Registered Nurse PCU - Patient Care Unit RN
President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
About the Position
As PCU RN at Vail Health, you will be working in the Patient Care Unit. The patients you treat will have a wide variety of needs, illnesses, and injuries. You will need to assess patient conditions, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, keep records, and provide education and support to patients. The Patient Care RN works collaboratively with providers, staff, and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient outcomes.The New Patient Care Unit at Vail Health
A new addition to the Patient Care Unit features five new, private patient rooms designed to promote a healing environment in a new location of the PCU corridors. With incredible views of the mountains, the rooms offer a quiet, serene atmosphere for improved patient- and family-centered care. With more space in each room, the entire care team can meet at the bedside. Physical and occupational therapy can also now be conducted in the room.
Two Vail Health employees talk about the environment in Vail Health's PCU
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition and childcare reimbursement
- Employee dependent scholarships
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Payroll deduction for ski passes and discounted gym memberships
- Corporate volunteer program
- Employee wellness program
- Professional development opportunities and funds
- Diversity training
- Fun volunteer opportunities, such as Pink Vail
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree
Discover what it is like to live and work in Vail!
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#registerednursejobs #nurserecruitment #patientcarenurse #pcurn #pcu #vailhealth #vailhealthhospital #vailCO #vail #colorado