Patient Access II
Department: Vail Valley Surgery Center
Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
Vail Valley Surgical Center is hiring for an experienced Patient Access II
Full Time - Days
Featured video: President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
About the Position: Patience Access II
The Patient Access II admits patients for outpatient surgical and minor procedures. Assists patients in a courteous and professional manner. Directs patients and distributes paperwork. Acts as a financial counselor and collects time of service payments. Trains and assists other team members as necessary. Performs administrative and other duties as assigned.
- Prepares patient charts for upcoming procedures and gathers records from prior visits. Coordinates to obtain paperwork from physician’ office prior to service.
- Obtains demographic and health history information from patient and/or online patient portal, ensuring updated information is used in registration.
- Enters admission data and scans appropriate documents into the registration software.
- Facilitates patient identification and confirms accurate demographic and insurance information.
- Thoroughly explains and secures forms regarding conditions of admission, patient rights and responsibilities, advanced directives, privacy practices and other facility policies as required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the billing process and managed care contracts when explaining patient’s benefits. Collects deductibles and co-pays at time service. Completes third party payer forms as necessary.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies for the business office and clinical personnel. Ensuring stocking of chart packs and all clinical form orders.
- Maintains the patient lobby, including coordinating the maintenance of plants and magazines. Coordinates with the facilities department by logging maintenance requests. Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Provides clerical assistance to the management team, including assistance with quarterly board/committee meetings.
- Assists management with implementation of policy and procedure changes in order to comply with new regulations.
- Communicates team barriers, process flow or productivity issues and assists management in establishing and implementing goals.
- Assists other team members and helps with the orientation and training of new hires.
- Assists in resolving patient issues requiring additional oversight in a concise and informative manner as required.
- On an as needed basis will assist and back-up other business office staff positions.
- Demonstrates dedication to customer service such as assistance with telephone calls, giving directions, and providing general facility information. Interacts with external and internal parties with courtesy and sensitivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned must be HIPAA compliant.
- Days - 40H/week
- One year Patient Access experience, required.
About Vail Valley Surgery Center
Vail Valley Surgery Center Vail is a world-class facility in a world-class resort. Our Vail center is centrally located on the main campus of the Vail Health Hospital. Whether you are a local resident, a visitor to the area, or have come specifically to be treated in our top-notch facility, we treat every patient with the same high level of care.
We opened the doors to our multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center in 2002, and since then have continued to offer only the best technology, treatment, and expertise. You'll receive individualized attention in the warm and comfortable atmosphere of our state-of-the-art center.
Vail Valley Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#patientaccess #vvsc #vailvalleysurgerycenter #vail #vailco #colorado