Registered Respiratory Therapist | Ski Season
Department: Full Time
Location: Avon, CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Our Team is expanding and we are searching for a Registered Respiratory Therapist!
Ski Season | Full-Time
Featured video: Stephanie, Director of Clinics, describes some of the great opportunities and positions available at Vail Health
About the Position:
The Registered Respiratory Therapist at Vail Health serves as a resource person for all members of the respiratory and health care team. Responsible for performing all aspects of Respiratory Therapy.
Significant job functions include, but not limited to:
Performs direct patient care on the patient care floors while participating in daily operational activities as necessary.
Demonstrates competency and compliance with all regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Helps to train, educate, and set up education for all current and new staff for the Respiratory Service Area.
- Aids in the budgeting process and helps to maintain the budget.
- Maintains constructive collaborative communication with patients, patient's family, physicians, co-workers and other members of health care team to contribute to continuity of care.
- Will perform and teach the following as needed: Outpatient and Inpatient EEG exams, EKGs, Holtor, Cardiac Event and King of Heart monitors, exercise oximetrys, Methacholine challenges, Pentamadines studies, and stress tests.
- Demonstrates ability to give and receive feedback and incorporates this into work.
- Identifies clinical and interdepartmental problems and resolves conflicts appropriately.
The Cardiopulmonary Services at Vail Health
Within a unique setting at 8,150 feet about sea level, our doctors and staff are experts in the effects of high altitude on respiratory care and sleep patterns and disorders. Cardiopulmonary Services also supports the world-recognized orthopaedic surgery program, as well as the hospital's Level II nursery and Level III trauma center, providing diagnostic and therapeutic interventions to routine and critical care patients.
- Four years of clinical and leadership experience required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Colorado Respiratory Therapist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Preferred, not required.
- Days - Ski Season
About Vail Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world.
Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors,
- Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- The 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#cardiopulmonary #registeredrespiratorytherapist #vailhealth