NICU Registered Nurse | FT
Type: Full Time
Location: Vail , CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Health is searching for an OB Registered Nurse for the Level II Nursery / NICU
About the Position
As a Registered Nurse working in the Level II Nursery at Vail Health, you will care for postpartum couplets, well newborns and infants in the Level II Nursery. Primarily, you will be responsible for caring for premature infants or babies that require close monitoring due to illness or other factors. You will provide specialized care to the babies by administering oxygen or intravenous therapy. However, you will also be responsible for providing basic care to the infants, such as feeding and changing diapers. If a newborn goes into crisis, you will need to administer emergency care.
About the Family Birth Center
Vail Health's Family Birth Center is a state-of-the-art facility designed to deliver health care services in a relaxing and attractive setting. Our facility was aware the 2018 Women's Choice Award for Obstetrics. In addition to offering LDRP services, our Level II Nursery provides care for babies born after 32 weeks gestation and those who need close watching or extra help after birth. Our goal is to promote minimal family separation in a calm, personalized atmosphere before, during, and after delivery.
Elizabeth Talks About Her Rewarding Job at Vail Health
Hourly Range: $28.22 - 52.40
- $10k sign-on bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Childcare reimbursement ($1000 for one child, $2,000 for two or more children)
- Employee dependent scholarships
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Payroll deduction for ski passes and discounted gym memberships
- Corporate volunteer program
- Employee wellness program
- Professional development opportunities and funds
- Diversity training
- Fun volunteer opportunities, such as Pink Vail
- One-year OB or NICU experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state
- Associate Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by American Heart Association
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#OBRN #LDRN #labordeliveryregisterednurse #obstetricsregisterednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #vailhealth #vail #vailCO #colorado