Cancer Nurse Navigator | FT
Type: Full Time
Location: Edwards , CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Health is searching for an experienced Cancer Nurse Navigator
Full Time: Days
Discover what it's like to live and work in Vail, Colorado
About the Position
The Cancer Nurse Navigator at Vail Health will guide a patient from diagnosis to end of treatment and continue as a resource post treatment. The Navigator is the liaison between all components of care; providing information seamlessly to the patient/ family, and between care providers in every care setting the patient uses.
About Shaw Cancer Center
Shaw Cancer Center is a service of Vail Health Hospital that has been specifically designed to provide a comforting and safe healing environment accented by cascading waterfalls, healing gardens, soothing music, and comfortable furnishings against the backdrop of the inspiring Rocky Mountains. Our medical oncologists specialize in treating cancer using systemic therapy, such as chemotherapy or biologic therapy. By combining the expertise of highly trained physicians and cancer specialists with advanced technology and the healing powers of nature, compassion, fitness, and nutrition, Shaw Cancer Center provides an innovative, holistic approach that empowers cancer patients to become cancer survivors. Shaw Cancer Center has been awarded the esteemed Commission on Cancer (CoC) accreditation with commendations, one of the highest levels that can be achieved.
Learn about the different clinics, practices, and services offered at Vail Health
- Minimum of Associate's Nursing Degree
- 2 years of Oncology nursing experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Childcare reimbursement ($1000 for one child, $2,000 for two or more children)
- Employee dependent scholarships
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Payroll deduction for ski passes and discounted gym memberships
- Corporate volunteer program
- Employee wellness program
- Professional development opportunities and funds
- Diversity training
- Fun volunteer opportunities, such as Pink Vail
President & CEO of Vail Health talks about the opportunities available
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#medicaloncology #oncologyrn #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #vvsc #vailvalleysurgerycenter