Care Tech/Patient Access Rep | PRN
Department: Tech Jobs
Type: Part Time
Location: Vail, CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Health is hiring for an experienced Care Tech/Patient Access Rep
President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
About the Position: Care Tech/Patience Access Rep
The Patient Care Technician and Access Representative is one of the first points of contact a patient encounters upon arriving. You will be expected to perform both direct and indirect care to patients in order to ensure patient satisfaction. Therefore, excellent communication skills, compassion, and critical thinking ability are vital to ensure optimal results for all patients.
When a patient first arrives, you will need to obtain and process their information and insurance so that they can gain access to medical treatment. You will need to analyze the patient’s condition in order to prioritize the order of care. Once a patient is admitted, you will assist with their basic needs and measure and monitor vital signs. Throughout the patient’s stay, you will need to update their medical records and report changes to the registered nurse or physician. At times, you will also assist with basic treatments and nursing procedures. Once a patient is ready to be dismissed, you will assist with the check out and billing process.
- 1 year of Care Tech experience
- Licensed as any of the following:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification by the state of Colorado
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#caretech #caretechnician #patientaccessrep #vailhealth #vailhealthhospital #vailCO #vail #colorado #techjobs #technicianjobs