Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Department: VAIL VALLEY SURGERY CENTER
Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Valley Surgery Center is offering a $10,000 Sign-on Bonus* to experienced Operating Room Nurse
Featured video: Holly RN and Sherman Tech Describe the Surgery Center OR Team
About the Position: Operating Room Nurse | Full-time
As an OR Nurse, you will work alongside and assist doctors, surgeons, and other members of the surgical team to ensure patients receive the best possible care and outcome. During the surgery, you may be required to monitor the patient’s vital signs, maintain a sterile environment, manage bleeding, suture incisions, collect samples for labs, and assist during any complications. Due to the intense nature of surgical procedures, an Operating Room Nurse must be a quick thinker and be able to remain calm under pressure.
At Vail Valley Surgery Center, an OR Nurse may potentially take on the duties involved with Circulating or Scrubbing and will need to maintain continuous nursing vigilance throughout the procedure. As an Operating Room RN, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology alongside world-class orthopedic surgeons and a dedicated team of surgical nurses in state-of-the-art facilities. Many of the RNs at VVSC are able to both scrub and circulate; we offer scrub training to qualified candidates.
Vail Valley is supportive of your education and progress toward BSN as well as your CNOR certification.
Featured video: Holly, a Vail Valley Surgery Center OR Nurse Talks About Cases Performed & Scrubbing Vs Circulating Mix
Types of Cases:
- Most are orthopedic cases in addition to:
- Ortho cases generally consist of:
- Sports Medicine
- Total Joints
The Surgical Unit at Vail Valley Surgery Center
- Work with USA Olympic Team Surgeons
- VVSC specializes in Orthopedics, Pain Management, and Gastroenterology
Video Clip: Molly (Property Coordinator) and Craig (VP of Real Estate Development) talk about activities, arts, culture, and entertainment all available living in Vail and the surrounding areas
Compensation & Benefits
- $10k sign on bonus*
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition and childcare reimbursement
- Employee dependent scholarships
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Payroll deduction for ski passes and discounted gym memberships
- Corporate volunteer program
- Employee wellness program
- Professional development opportunities and funds
- Diversity training
- Fun volunteer opportunities, such as Pink Vail
- Quarterly bonus**
*With 2-year commitment
**Full Quarterly Bonus is distributed when quality and performance metrics are met.
- 1 year of operating room experience required
- Ortho experience, preferred
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Watch this video as Mandy, OR Director & Sharon, OR Supervisor talk about the hiring and training process including education reimbursement at Vail Valley Surgical Center
About Vail Valley Surgery Center
Vail Valley Surgery Center Vail is a world-class facility in a world-class resort. Our Vail center is centrally located on the main campus of the Vail Health Hospital. Whether you are a local resident, a visitor to the area, or have come specifically to be treated in our top-notch facility, we treat every patient with the same high level of care.
We opened the doors to our multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center in 2002, and since then have continued to offer only the best technology, treatment, and expertise. You'll receive individualized attention in the warm and comfortable atmosphere of our state-of-the-art center.
Vail Valley Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#orrn #operatingroomregisterednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #vailvalleysurgerycenter #vvsc #vail #vailCO #colorado
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.