Type: Part Time| PRN
Location: Vail, CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Health is searching for an experienced Nursing Supervisor
Featuerd Video 1: President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
About the Position: Nursing Supervisor - PRN/Pool
The Nursing Supervisor is a responsible for providing and coordinating interdisciplinary patient care utilizing the nursing process; coordinates patient admission and expedites patient care through the continuum of hospital services. Partners with the patient and family upon admission and accompanies them to their destination(s). This includes, orienting the patient and family to their new environment and completing the admitting process. Each unit will have varying practices and utilization of this role. Participates and leads compliance with core measures in a concurrent daily audit process.
Watch the video clip above as Molly (Property Coordinator) and Craig (VP of Real Estate Development) talk about activities, arts, culture and entertainment all available living in Vail and the surrounding areas.
- Models behaviors of Vail Health Values, Mission and Code of Conduct with professionalism.
- Coordinates patient activities; including but not limited to the following: Patient admissions-provides special attention to the patient and family member in coordinating care during an admission and or discharge.
Example: orientates patient and family to room or other new surroundings, call light, bed, TV and other essentials, at all times promoting safety and excellence in patient and family experience.
- Responds to hospital emergencies.
- Coordinates transfers to outside facilities.
- Initiates the patient admission as follows: initiates electronic medical record (EMR) information and completes admission process.
- Coordinates with Donor Alliance.
- Participates in and or initiates compliance and regulatory audits (e.g. concurrent chart audits, hand washing audits, restraint audits, etc.).
- Participates in new employee orientation as follows: Hospital tour, Human Resources compliance check list, e-Learning, Safety orientation check list, code of conduct, etc.
- Provides concurrent oversight of intravenous fluids charges and documentation, facilitates and/or ensures unit break coverage.
- Answers call lights and provides assistance, provides transport from various areas of service as needed.
- Oversees appropriate staffing levels, avoiding overtime, oversees supplies, limiting waste.
- Works one shift a month as a Staff RN in assigned unit to provide direct patient care.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- PRN/Pool Position, On-Call - Various Shifts, 12
- 4 years of experience.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) ~or~ Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) required.
- Cafeteria discounts
- College invest 529 plan
- Credit union
- Discounted ski passes
- Health club memberships
- Transportation incentives
- Wireless discounts
- Pharmacy discounts
- Retirement plan
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in Healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#nursingsupervisor #nursesupervisor #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #vailhealth #vailCO