Registered Nurse, Medical Support Assistant | MSA RN
Department: Full Time
Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Health is Searching for an Experienced Registered Nurse Medical Support Assistant
Featured Video I: President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
About the Position: Registered Nurse Medical Support Assistant
The Registered Nurse Medical Support Assistant assumes responsibility and accountability for providing nursing care for patients and their families. Ensures expert, compassionate, individualized nursing care for patients and families. They collaborate with providers, staff, and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- Triages incoming patient requests for services.
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Delegates care appropriately and according to Colorado statute.
- Competently performs healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills, and critical thinking skills.
- Handles telephone patient requests for medications, information, and assistance. This can be high volume, at times.
- Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines.
- Coordinates patient care with other physician practices, Vail Health, and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level of patient care and satisfaction.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
- Models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Featured Video II: Rick Talks About Vail Health's Culture and the Type of Person Vail Attracts
Full Time - 36H/week
- One-year clinical experience required
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required
Featured Video III: Relocation Assistance, Housing & Transportation Options Available to Vail Employees
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#rnmsa #registerednursemedicalsupportsssistant #registerednurse #msa #vailhealth #vailhealthhospital #vail #vailCO #colorado