Care Tech/Patient Access Rep | Cardiology
Department: Tech Jobs
Type: Part Time
Location: Vail, CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Health is hiring for an experienced Care Tech/Patient Access Rep in their Cardiology Department
Part Time - 16H/week
Featured video: President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
About the Position: Care Tech/Patience Access Rep in Cardiology Department
The Care Technician performs patient care in support of the rest of the care team. Often is the first point-of-contact for the patient and the one who is available for regular check-in with the patient. This role is important in relaying information between the patient and the provider.
- Assists with and performs patient care including collection of patient information, accurate reading and documentation of vital signs, and recording input and output activities and treatments on the EMR.
- Responsible for coordination of the daily patient flow and schedule in order to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction - includes preparing rooms for exams and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with providers by accurately receiving and implementing instructions and orders.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge in all patient types and age groups to meet patient care needs/outcomes within the practice.
- Performs various office procedures such as scheduling, admitting, and discharging of patients.
- Maintains diagnostic and medication logs as required by policy. Documents patient care services accurately in patient and department records.
- Protects patients and employees by assisting in maintaining a clean, safe working environment, and adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Displays cultural competency and ability to work with diverse patient populations.
- Assists in maintain a clean, safe patient care environment. Assists in cleaning Preop/PACU rooms, equipment, and maintains cleanliness of areas around patient areas.
- Accurately documents and collects data such as vital signs and PreOp checklist information.
- May be requested to assist in registration, scheduling, time of service collections, and insurance verification as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Days: 16H/week
- One year of experience as a care tech preferred.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification by the state of Colorado
- OR Certified in the state of Colorado as a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) OR Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- OR Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- OR National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing
- OR Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#caretech #caretechnician #patientaccessrep #vailhealth #vailhealthhospital #vailCO #vail #colorado #techjobs #technicianjobs