Care Tech/Patient Access Rep | Cardiology
Department: Tech Jobs
Type: Part Time
Location: Vail, CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Health is hiring for an experienced Care Tech/Patient Access Rep in their Cardiology Department
Part Time - 16H/week
Featured video: President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
About the Position: Care Tech/Patience Access Rep in Cardiology Department
The Care Technician performs patient care in support of the rest of the care team. Often is the first point-of-contact for the patient and the one who is available for regular check-in with the patient. This role is important in relaying information between the patient and the provider.
- Assists with and performs patient care including collection of patient information, accurate reading and documentation of vital signs, and recording input and output activities and treatments on the EMR.
- Responsible for coordination of the daily patient flow and schedule in order to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction - includes preparing rooms for exams and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with providers by accurately receiving and implementing instructions and orders.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge in all patient types and age groups to meet patient care needs/outcomes within the practice.
- Performs various office procedures such as scheduling, admitting, and discharging of patients.
- Maintains diagnostic and medication logs as required by policy. Documents patient care services accurately in patient and department records.
- Protects patients and employees by assisting in maintaining a clean, safe working environment, and adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Displays cultural competency and ability to work with diverse patient populations.
- Assists in maintain a clean, safe patient care environment. Assists in cleaning Preop/PACU rooms, equipment, and maintains cleanliness of areas around patient areas.
- Accurately documents and collects data such as vital signs and PreOp checklist information.
- May be requested to assist in registration, scheduling, time of service collections, and insurance verification as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Days: 16H/week
- One year of experience as a care tech preferred.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification by the state of Colorado
- OR Certified in the state of Colorado as a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) OR Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- OR Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- OR National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing
- OR Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required
About Vail Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world.
Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors,
- Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- The 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#caretech #caretechnician #patientaccessrep #vailhealth #vailhealthhospital #vailCO #vail #colorado #techjobs #technicianjobs