Operating Room Manager
Department: Full Time
Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
Apply in less than 3 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer
Vail Health is Searching for an Experienced OR Manager (CNOR)
Featured Video I: Surgical Tech Talks About Being A Part of Making History at Vail Health
About the Position
In collaboration with the Director of Surgical Services, the manager oversees the human resource functions of the unit. He/she manages the day to day operation of the unit to maximize patient safety, clinical outcomes, customer satisfaction and intra and inter-departmental workflow. Assures compliance with all Policy, Procedure and regulatory standards. Manages financial resources and budgeting. Serves as a resource and role model.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and achieves goals that are in alignment with Vail Health's goals and mission. Develops and implements processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement. Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities to enhance the delivery of clinical care.
- Available 24/7 to ensure that personnel demonstrate quality standards of customer satisfaction and patient care. Assures compliance with productivity standards for assigned area/units. Serves on a nursing council, hospital, or medical center committee, task force, or project team to improve patient care and OR efficiencies.
- Identifies clinical operational needs; manages appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance. Assesses the environment and makes recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies such as OSHA, and JCAHO and clinical policies and procedures.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all staff. Analyzes, develops and maintains an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum to achieve desired outcomes.
- Participates in planning, preparing, and prioritizing of budgets for assigned areas of responsibility. Monitors compliance, investigates variances and provides plans for remediation.
- Uses critical thinking in planning, priority-setting, and decision-making while ensuring positive working systems exist to support the staff's ability to meet patient needs.
- Is a role model inspiring others through displayed optimism, provides intellectual stimulation, and encourages follower creativity. Ability to create a positive culture and assure staff accountability.
- Effectively collects, evaluates and presents data for departmental reports. Utilizes data to drive positive departmental professional growth setting goals, monitoring progress and educating staff to achieve positive outcomes.
- Provides effective visionary leadership in development of policies, procedures, and protocols that are to be used to integrate systems, coordinate tasks and effectively change delivery systems to reflect today’s health care environment.
- In accordance with current employment practices (including the policies of the nursing and human resources departments and agreements):
- Interviews and employs personnel.
- Supervises and evaluates personnel performance.
- Initiates corrective action and discipline, as appropriate.
Counsels and encourages staff in the pursuit of individual career goals; e.g., advanced education preparation, change in clinical area or preparation for promotional opportunities, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Featured Video II: President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
Days - 40H/week
5 Years Operating Room RN
3 Years Operating Room management experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred
Featured Video III: Relocation Assistance, Housing & Transportation Options Available to Vail Employees
About Vail Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world.
Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors,
- Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- The 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#ormanager #cnor #operatingroommanager #surgery #vailhealth #vailhealthhospital #vail #vailCO #colorado